Monday, April 20, 2009

Mega Post

Ha - I thought of that title because I'm going to try to combine about 18 posts into one, but that was also the name of a product we sold back in the day at Careerbuilder. Oh, the memories... :)

Anywho...

So this is my mega-catching-up post. Please forgive the insanity. I don't know where the past month has gone, but I've written so many posts in my head that I thought I'd at least try to share a few of them with you. :)


♥ 5 Months! ♥
So the Kumquat is already 5 months old! Can you believe how big she looks with her elephant? Since I've been taking monthly pictures, I added a little slideshow at right that just has those, so you can really see how much she's growing.

Some 5 month highlights include rolling over like a pro, starting solid foods, making friends with the Big Kitty and taking her first flight. She's been rolling back-to-belly for ages, but has had a lot of trouble figuring out belly-to-back. Thank heaven, she finally worked it out when we were in Midland! She's become more mobile and rolls ALL OVER now, which is not so great for her mama's life of leisure, but I'll happily take that over the continuous screaming when she was stuck on her belly. :) The girl ♥ solids! I wasn't sure about starting them so early, but she really seemed like she was ready. I'm sure now that she was. I remember my SIL, Mandy, talking about how my niece would eat but didn't seem to initially associate solid food with alleviating hunger. K didn't really seem to do that. From the first try, she eagerly ate her rice cereal (good Asian baby!) and now gets really fussy if I try to give her a bottle instead of solids at her usual mealtime. I've been following this great book called Super Baby Food, which was recommended by a couple of mama friends. Making her food has been a really nice thing for me. I've still had some residual guilt that the whole breastfeeding thing didn't work out so well, but it's helped to know that I can do things now to make sure her food is as natural and healthy as possible.


Crazy Weather & Zoo
At the end of March (yep, blogs are THAT backlogged!) we had some crazy weather! One day it was a beautiful day in the high 70's and this is what it looked like here just a day later...



So that was on Friday & Saturday. On Monday, we went to the zoo. It was a gorgeous day! Nuts. Ian got finished with his day early, so we headed out to enjoy the nice weather.
It was a lot of fun. It was the first day the baby really paid attention to some of the animals.
She enjoyed the birds most of all. Interesting... I liked the chimp snacking on a chunk of snow!
It was neat to see the little green plants still holding their own in the middle of the melting snow.
I'm glad Spring wasn't giving in! Naturally, the beautiful, sunny day was followed by a day of Spring showers.



♥ Naked Baby! ♥
So, she'll probably hate me for this later, but isn't K too cute??




♥ Our 5 Year Anniversary! ♥
So, by request, I'm posting a couple more pics from our wedding. (Like it, Sarah??)

Mostly, I'm posting these because I want you to notice the flowers and then look at the lovely flowers my husband gave me for our anniversary. See any resemblance? So sweet!



♥ Easter, II ♥
I uploaded the rest of our Easter pics. You can see them here!



OK, so that's it for now. Not quite caught up, but the baby and my to do list both say that's enough blogging for one day. Tomorrow, we're going on another trip (yay & blah), so I have a lot of cleaning and packing to do!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, so do you really think he remembered those flowers from your wedding? If so, I'm impressed! Thanks for the pics! I'm glad you got "super baby food"-I love that book. I am all about making my own baby food. Oh, and on that note, carrots are on sale at Dillons if K is eating carrots yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to be so diligent about making our kids food, but I never heard about the book! Wish I would've know about that. Love the wedding photos, flowers and Easter pictures! Good luck on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she is really catching up to that elephant!

    Beautiful wedding pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! I can't believe she's already going on 6 months! Glad to see she's loving her veggies-hopefully the trend will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, he really does remember! When he came home, he even said he was sad he hadn't been able to find pink ones. He thought all of the non-yellow ones were purple since the buds were still closed tightly. I showed him that he actually did get pink ones after all. :) We made our own bouquets, so the flowers were more involved than normal, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete